- What personal information do we collect?
- Personal information includes any information or an opinion about you and from which you can be identified or can reasonably be identified, whether true or not and whether recorded in a material form or not. As we need to use certain categories of personal information to perform our Services and for you to be able to benefit from those Services, we collect your personal information to the extent that is reasonably necessary and relevant to the performance of these Services. More specifically, information we may collect includes:
- Contact information: your name, phone number, email address and/or your residential or other address for both identification and registration purposes;
- Technical information: username and passwords, internet protocol (“IP”) address, your login data, browser type, time zone setting, location and other technology on the devices you use to access the Website and Services;
- Usage information: information about the performance of the Website and Services and how you use the Website and Services;
- Statistical information: information collected to provide statistics about the use of our Website and Services;
- Marketing information: your preferences in receiving marketing communications from us;
- Required information: other personal information required to satisfy our obligations under relevant legislation; and
- any other personal information that you provide to us either directly or indirectly when using the Website or Services.
- The precise types of personal information we collect from or about you will depend on the nature of your interactions with us.
- We do not collect any sensitive personal information about you (this includes details about your race or ethnic origin, political opinions or associations, religious beliefs or affiliations, philosophical beliefs, membership of a professional or trade association or union, sexual orientation or practices, criminal record information). Nor do we collect any information about your health, genetic background or biometric personal information.
- Our Website and Services are not intended for use by children and should only be accessed by individuals of at least 18 years old (the “Age Limit”). If you are under the Age Limit, please do not use the Website or Services and do not provide us your personal information. We will upon notice or discovery take all reasonable efforts to erase or destroy any personal information that may have been collected or stored by us about those under the Age Limit without our knowledge.
- How do we collect your personal information?
- We may collect your personal information when you:
- register with us, including when you create a user account and insert personal information to log into and become a member of this Website;
- communicate with us and our staff;
- access and use the Website or Services;
- respond to any surveys or marketing materials we send out; and
- deal with us in other ways involving your personal information such as when you contact us or when we otherwise perform the Services.
- We may also collect your personal information from third parties including:
- other third parties who provide you services via the Website or in connection with the Services; and
- third parties who provide services to
- The types of personal information we may collect from third parties about you include:
- Contact information: your name, e-mail, phone number and address; and
- Claim information: your product’s serial number, claim details and requested service date.
- Why do we collect and use your personal information?
- We collect, hold and use your personal information for a variety of reasons including, in the most common circumstances, those listed below:
- to verify your identity;
- to process your requests through the Website;
- to provide you additional information about our information, products and services;
- to comply with any applicable laws or legal procedures;
- to assess the performance of the Website and Services, including for data analysis, developing new products and services, managing the provision of our customer service, and analysing the Services and our customer base;
- to maintain system security and stability;
- to communicate with you and provide you with troubleshooting support and customer service in general;
- to process and respond to a complaint or request you may make;
- to allow third parties you have authorised to contact you if you have granted permission;
- for statistical purposes in connection with the Website and Services as permitted by law;
- to improve our Website and Service offering;
- for the provision of Services or the administration of our business (including fulfilling and exercising any of our obligations and rights, exercising or defending legal claims and managing the relationship with you); or
- any other uses identified at the time of collecting your personal information from the Website or in relation to the Services.
- We will only collect, hold and use personal information for the purpose for which it was provided (which will normally be obvious at the time of collection), a related purpose, or as authorised, permitted or required by law.
- Marketing Communications
- In addition to the purposes set out above, we may collect, use and disclose your personal information to inform you of products, services or our other offers and promotions or those of our related companies or commercial partners which may be of interest to you, either by notification via our user application, emails or post (“Marketing Communications”),but only in circumstances where we have collected the information directly from you and you would reasonably expect that your personal information would be used or disclosed for this purpose.
- You may receive Marketing Communications if:
- you subscribe to our Marketing Communications. Our Marketing Communications will keep you informed of the latest products, and current offers and promotions as contemplated above.
- you request information about our services when you choose to contact us. You will not be added to a mailing list of any kind and will only receive e-mails in relation to the matter you have contacted us about; or
- there are relevant reasons for us to do so. This only applies where the Marketing Communications are otherwise relevant to the reason why we hold your email address, and then only where we are permitted to do so by law.
- If you no longer wish to receive such material, you can opt out at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any email Marketing Communication you receive or by contacting us at email@example.com, or through any other opt-out mechanism contained in a Marketing Communication to you.
We will collect, hold and use personal information where:
it is reasonably necessary for our business and where
- you have given consent for our use of the personal information for one or more purposes;
- it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are party; or
- we are otherwise permitted to do so by law.
- Sharing of personal information
- In order to provide you with operational services (including, but not limited to, processing and fulfilling requests, providing product or solution information, providing customer service, maintaining website, analysing data, and communicating with customers), we may share personal information with service providers, agents or independent contractors (collectively “third parties“).
- We will use our best efforts to prevent any third parties from using your personal information for purposes other than the permitted purpose.
- The third parties we may share your personal information with may include:
- technology partners in connection with the services performed by us by these third parties; and third party partners that provide certain services to you on behalf of us in your area, including distributors, installers and after sales services support companies;
- our lawyers, accountants and professional advisors;
- affiliated companies that are either directly owned or controlled by us;
- law enforcement authorities or where we are required to do so by law or pursuant to a legal process; and
- any entity in the event that we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets.
We do not disclose your personal information outside of Australia with the exception of our data-hosting provider HubSpot, which may host your personal information
- in their servers located in the United States of America
- What if we can’t collect your personal information?
If you do not provide us with or we do not otherwise have access to the personal information we need, some or all of the following may occur:
- you may not be able to use some functions of the Website and Services; and
- we may not be able to provide you with other services, targeted content and relevant information.
- Data security
- We have put in place reasonably appropriate security measures which are intended to prevent your personal information from being accidently lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition we endeavour to limit access to your personal data to employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need for access. They will only process your personal information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
- We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal information breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
- Ultimately, data protection measures are never completely secure and, despite the measures we have put in place, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information. You must take care to protect your personal information (for example, by protecting your usernames and passwords). You should notify us as soon as possible if you become aware of any security breaches.
- Access and correction of personal information
- We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we handle is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If you become aware of any errors in your personal information you may request that this information be corrected by contacting us below.
Access to your personal information
Amending your information
- If we are unable to, or if we are unwilling to provide you with access to any of your personal information, or to correct any of your personal information, we will provide you with our reasons.
- Information retention
- Additional Services and Links to Other Sites
- If an investigation has been opened following a complaint made by you, our team will contact you with the result of that complaint as soon as possible. In the unlikely circumstances we are unable to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction, you may raise a complaint with the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at oaic.gov.au.
- For more information regarding privacy practices or if you have any concerns about the way your personal information is being handled, you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at oaic.gov.au.
- Our Website may use ‘cookies’ from time to time. Cookies could be used to collect personal information. A cookie is a small file that is stored on your device by a website. Cookies contain information which is readable by the website that issued the cookie to you and is commonly used to remember your details and preferences when you return to that website. Your web browser can be configured to reject cookies. If you set up your web browser to reject cookies certain functions of our Website or Services may become unavailable to you.
- We do not use browsing information to identify you personally. However, we may record information on how you use our Website or Services, including which pages you viewed, when you viewed them, whether you reached them via a search engine, and your computer’s assigned IP address.
- Contact information
Address: 15 Blue St, North Sydney NSW 2060